|Governance Model Implementation Steps|
|Wednesday, 12 November 2008 08:42|
(These steps to be coordinated by the Governance Circle; there will necessarily be some overlap between these steps)
1. Engage community-at-large to begin dialogue, invite participation, and offer training and support. Make national email announcement, providing contact for feedback.
2. Extend the term of the existing interim SSC Board until new system is set up and the One Hand One Heart Board can take its place. (Following Sidi’s guidance, we will implement before we make legal changes. At the request of the interim Board, their training will begin at the next Board meeting.)
3. Provide assistance for the Mother Center and Northern California communities to adapt the model to their needs and begin implementation, including formation of new local and national circles, as needed.
4. Offer assistance to other communities along the same lines as for the Mother Center, and follow up on requests for information and support.
6. Begin the formation of four Administrative Councils.
7. Establish the One Hand One Heart Board from the Councils through their selection of representatives.
8. Create a multi-level evaluation process to measure the effectiveness of the model in meeting the needs of the tariqa, and identify and implement any needed refinements.
9. Draft changes in the legal documents for the corporation(s), as needed to formalize new structure.